Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ground Nut Soup, Kintombola, and All Africa Service Project!

Hello Family and Friends! How are you all doing? I hope that you are doing well, and that you are excited to go back to school. I am sure that you guys are going to learn so much, and the Lord will help you along the way.
So as for this week it has been a pretty good week. Elder Nsenga made Ground Nut soup this week, a stew and rice mix and it was really good! He is always really creative when it comes to trying some new things. Sometimes he has been calling me Kintombola and I have been thinking it means White Guy. So I tell him Dabai “I am a black man” (To joke back at him you know) and he just laughs harder. Well the real meaning of Kintombola means Ballfloat (whatever that is) so he has been calling me Kwame Kintombola and so I call him Kintombola as well haha  :)
On Tuesday we had MLC report. I learned some new things to apply as a missionary work and it is always so great to learn and grow. Elder Nsenga and I also saw Sister Vida and we had a great lesson about the Temple.

On Wednesday we saw Mary and found out from Sister Wood that the father does NOT want her to be baptized :( We don't know why, but Sister Wood is going to a small village past Swedru to ask him in December and see if he will change his mind, so for now we will just pass by her, and see how she is doing. Elder Nsenga and I were able to see Brother Patrick (One of our members) and we had a good discussion with him. We also saw Francis and talked about Tithing and Fast Offerings. He is doing really well. His Baptism date for September 10th is looking really solid so that's great!

Thursday and Friday were pretty slow days unfortunately, but the zone leaders came down for an exchange on Friday so it was nice to see them, and we saw Sister Vida on Friday so that was good :) She is always so funny. Every time she sees me she yells Kwame Jata and I always say Mame Ekuwa (Mother Wednesday because she was born on Wednesday). Her family really is great!!

Saturday was All Africa Service Project! For the Cape Coast Stake we went to Ankaful Pysicatric Hospital (which is pretty close to Ntranoa) so the Elmina Zone, and Cape Coast Zones were there and we did some  good work. Elder Nsenga and I were at the front fixing the road with the holes. (We just filling the holes with dirt and smoothing it out, because usually they don't like to replace the whole road, just fix the holes). Elder Nsegna and I saw Francis again that night and we finished Lesson 4.

Sunday we received a referral from one of our members for a guy who is working next to the church, and we had a lesson with a guy named Melecon who actually works at Ankfaul Psychiatric Hospital, so that's cool. We also saw President Thompson's Nephew and we had a good lesson with him. :)
Anyways that is all for this week. I hope that you are all doing well, and I continue to pray for you all. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Harward


No comments:

Post a Comment