Saturday, January 23, 2016

Change to a District Leader, Supply Elder, and New City, Nkonfa.

Hello Family and Friends! I am sorry that I missed last week’s general email but I hope everything is going well for all of you guys.
Here in my last week in Swedru, some great things happened: We got a referral from Brother Charles about a woman named Dora and we saw her that week, and she is really sweet. Her husband is actually a member in Accra! We also met a woman named Pat and she has been taught in the past by the missionaries and we saw her twice and she is doing really well. We also had a member named Kofi (Martha's older brother) bring a friend to church and we had a good lesson with on Sunday. So a lot of things were happening and the Lord was working on the people.
We found this tropical stream where we took some pics. These are the only ones for this week. Sorry. 
Okay so as for this week, since the Accra Mission is taking over the city, many missionaries have been arriving: So 7 people in one apartment has been fun ha-ha! We saw a woman named Oliva who is friends with Pat and she read the book we gave her! But it kind of seemed like she just wanted to argue with us so it was just an okay lesson. On Thursday we saw Pat again and taught her the Book of Mormon and she seemed to like it and that was very exciting to see. Friday was a great day! We saw Mustahpa and talked about the Word of Wisdom and what he needs to do keep that commandment. We then saw Olivia and we really tried to answer her concerns but she really just wanted to Bible bash us, so that was disappointing, but maybe with some time she will be ready.

Finally Saturday came... The big day! So we had chapel cleaning in the morning and then we came back and did our studies, and right as I was finishing lunch, our phone rang and Elder Barfuss said it was the Assistants, so he answered it for me and Elder Jones and (Because we had our hands full at the time) and then he gave the phone to me. SO I thought this was a little weird, but Elder Mocke says hi and we talk small and then he says, "On behalf of President Stevenson we would like to call you to be a District Leader. Wow. Ha-ha I wasn't expecting that. So that was shocking and that got me nervous because I don't even know where I am going. Elder Jones, Elder Barfuss, and I then attended 3rd wards baptism (Edward, and Frank), and that was really neat! We then went to Ryan’s restaurant and I had some hamburgers and I actually found a Snickers Bar!!!! It was SO GOOD! Then we all headed home and that’s when we got the call and I am going to......Nkonfa! Which is in the Cape Coast zone and actually that's where the mission home is because I am going to be a Supply Elder! Wow! That was a surprise too. So  I deal with packages, distribution forms, and supplies (as you can tell) so I believe we go to the mission home 2 times a week and do the supply stuff and then proselyte the other days, but I will keep you updated on that. I am going to see my trainer Elder day again, and I believe we are in the same apartment, so that should be exciting. I won't lie and say that I am not nervous because I am, but I know that as I rely upon the Lord and have faith everything is going to be okay.
Sunday was my last day in Church and I just said goodbye to people and it was hard. I won’t see them again for a long time, if ever, but I love them all so much! An inspiring moment of the week was from the Ensign conference (My parents send me the Ensign each month) from Jeffrey R. Holland’s talk. It was just powerful and I loved Elder Foster’s talk as well. It just really hit me how much I love and respect my parents. I am so grateful that I get to have their counsel and advice for the rest of my life and I know that they are always there for me, and it was neat to me to see how families really are together forever, and how much I want to be like my parents and live as they do. Well that's all for this week. I will let you know how being a Supply Elder Goes! I love you all, and how you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Harward



No comments:

Post a Comment