Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hello Family and Friends!
So it's been almost one week since I have been in the Ghana MTC! I can't believe it! First of all, thank you SO much for your emails! They totally made my morning! Hopefully I will be able to respond to you this week, but I might not be able to because we are going to the Accra, Ghana Temple today! :) So we have to be on time haha. If I do not respond to you I will for sure respond to you by next week, because you are all awesome!




Okay, so this week has been really good. I have learned a lot about being a missionary, about how hard it is and how rewarding it is at the same time. We have been doing a lot of practice teaching and I have learned a lot of new principles and skills that I would never thought were important when meeting an investigator.




So, the missionaries in the MTC are fantastic! They are so funny and they think my laugh is funny :) It is great to see their enthusiasm and love for the gospel and they inspire me. Elder Wafula, and Elder Musenje are in my little room and they are really fun and it's great to see and feel of their love. We also have two sister missionaries in our district, which is called the Jacob District. They are funny. At dinner, the sisters told me that I would have to finish all my rice or I would let them down, haha! 






The MTC has been a great experience and I really am learning a lot. We have weekly devotionals where President and Sister Robison give really good lessons and I am truly inspired to be better. On Sunday we had Sacrament meeting and it was such a blessing to feel of the spirit there and really learn from the speakers. The speakers are chosen at random by the way so everyone has to be prepared! The speakers today spoke a lot about the atonement of Jesus Christ and that was really inspiring. Later, that night, we watched a rebroadcast of a devotional given in Provo MTC by Elder and Sister Bednar on October 6th 2012 ( I think that's when Katie was in the MTC!) This devotional was given right after The Church lowered the missionary age. It was really incredible to see how Elder and Sister Bednar handled the news. Their talks have been really inspiring. Throughout this week, I have learned a lot about Doctrines and Principles. It has been so great to learn about how we teach and apply them in our lives!




Yesterday all of the Elders serving in Ghana went to this office to get our Ghana card that would allow us to stay here and work here. It was interesting to see the roads and the buildings and traffic. The traffic here is crazy! I am not sure how the drivers do it, but they seem to handle it well. As we were driving we saw many people carrying water and clothes on their heads. I definitely want to learn how to do that! It is interesting to see their buildings, advertisements and really everything around them because it is all so different! It is incredible to learn about this country!


So today we are going to the Accra, Ghana Temple and I am excited to go and it should be amazing! :) Anyway I have to go! I love you guys! Have a great week and I promise I will write you all soon!
Love, Elder Harward






No comments:

Post a Comment